Melanie Harlow likes her heels high, her martini dry, and her history with the naughty bits left in. In addition to AFTER WE FALL, she’s the author of MAN CANDY, IF YOU WERE MINE, the HAPPY CRAZY LOVE series (contemporary romance), the FRENCHED series (contemporary romance) and the SPEAK EASY duet (historical romance). She writes from her home outside of Detroit, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, and one insane rabbit.
5 Fun Facts about the Happy Crazy Love Series
1) The first book in the series, Some Sort of Happy, and the character of Sebastian was inspired by a spoken-word poem called “OCD” by poet Neil Hilborn. You can watch it here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s
2) Some Sort of Happy was also inspired by Postmodern Jukebox’s cover of “Creep” (originally by Radiohead). I listened to this song constantly while writing the story! Watch the video here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw
3) Some Sort of Crazy was inspired almost entirely by the cover photo (of model Brandyn Farrell). I saw it, fell in love with it, bought it (even though I could barely afford it at the time), and wrote the character of Miles to match the personality that came through in the picture! Amazing what good photography can convey!
4) The idea for Some Sort of Love was inspired by a conversation I had with a thirty-five-year-old (also hot and bearded) single dad. I also interviewed eight moms of kids with autism, and their stories truly made the book better. I love hearing from parents of special needs kids who have read the book and related to Levi’s journey.
5) The cover model for Some Sort of Love, Franggy Yanez, is also a photographer, and he took the awesome photo of Brandyn Farrell that I put on the cover of Some Sort of Crazy! Talk about gorgeous and talented!
Make sure to swing over to Viviana, Enchantress of Books blog
Audiobook Lovin’ Series MONTH LONG Widget:
a Rafflecopter giveaway