I’m so happy to be here and spread some audio-book love. Living in Texas, I spend a lot of time in my car. It’s big, ya’ll. And our highways are plain crazy. What do I do when I’m stuck in traffic? Trying to block out my teenagers latest backseat battle? Or when I need to check out.
Read a book. Rather, listen to one. I, for one, am a fan of audiobooks. And I thought I’d share my top five reasons why!
- Eye strain. Raise your hand if you spend eight hours staring at a computer screen. By the end of the day my peepers need a serious break.
- Names you can’t pronounce. Seriously – this totally cuts the guesswork out. I love fantasy and sci-fi and the names and languages can trip me up when I’m staring at the page. Not so when someone is telling me.
- No one has any idea what you’re listening to. I write and read romance but I always plug in to earbuds. I don’t presume everyone wants to hear what I’m listening to. Unless you blush or giggle or react, no one knows just how naughty, terrifying, or obscenity-laden the story you’re listening to is.
- Room on your bookshelves for knick-knacks or family photos vs. stacks and stacks of books. Your family will appreciate and so will the trees.
- Totally portable – trains, planes, and automobiles people! Win-win all around!
Thanks for letting me share my Top 5 Reasons Audiobooks ROCK!!!
Now I’m curious… What is the one audiobook every reader should get?
Make sure to swing over to Viviana, Enchantress of Books blog and make sure to enter our giveaway below!!!!
Audiobook Lovin’ Series MONTH LONG Widget:
a Rafflecopter giveaway