Books-n-Kisses is pleased to have Rebecca Royce on the blog today.
1. Hi Rebecca, Welcome to Books-n-Kisses can you please share with us a little about yourself
I am the mother of 3 boys (4 if you count my husband) and I write paranormal romance. Sometimes I also delve into science fiction and fantasy. I love movies, reading, and Broadway shows.
2. Have you always wanted to be an author?
Yes! I wrote my first book in fourth grade. I just love telling stories.
3. What is your most interesting writing quirk?
I open up my computer, click on Word. The document page opens. I write the chapter heading and then I write constantly until I get to page 13. In my first draft, all of my stories have 13 pages per chapter.
4. Can you please tell us about your latest book(s)?
Out of Place Mate is the fourth book in a series I write called Shifters and Bikers. It is a subseries of Decadent Publishing’s The Edge. Basically, all of the stories in the Edge take place in one scene. They are hot and, well, edgy. My particular group of stories take place in a biker bar called Gunther’s that also happens to be a shifter bar—although most of the humans there don’t know it.
5. How did you come with the idea for this story?
When I was first approached to write a story for The Edge, I wrote a story called Unwanted Mated. After I finished Unwanted Mate, the next three stories just kind of appeared in my mind. This is one of them.
6. Can you share with us your current work(s) in progress?
I am writing the next in my Outsider series. It’s the fifth book in that series.
7. Who is the one author that you would love to meet someday and why?
Nalini Singh because I think she’s brilliant.
8. What is the best piece of advice you would give to someone that wants to get into writing?
Do you research and write every day.
9. Can you share with us something off your bucket list.
I want to go to St. Lucia.
10. What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for?
I’m always waiting on egg shells for the next Psy-Changeling novel by Nalini Singh.
11. Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thanks so much for having me.